New London Architecture (NLA) is London’s independent centre for debate, discussion and information about the future shape of the capital.
Our busy year-round programme of events, exhibitions and research addresses the key issues affecting the city’s built environment and drives the debate about its future. We provide a platform for our broad network of professionals, politicians and the public to meet, share knowledge and shape a better city.
Our fast-growing membership of almost 550 organisations spans both the public and private sector, including architects and designers, developers, engineers, planners, agents, public sector bodies and product manufacturers.
We are based in The Building Centre, WC1, where our giant interactive model of central London is free to visit six days a week.
NLA is offering a paid internship position for three months, with a primary focus on the collation, editing and display of projects for our next major research project on Factory-Made Housing. The intern will also support the team across a wide range of tasks in delivering their busy programme of exhibitions, research, events and publications, with the opportunity to access all our activities over that time.
The role is 3 days a week, and will require some flexibility with some early starts and late finishes around NLA events.
The internship is available from Wednesday 11 July for a minimum of three months, with the opportunity to extend for up to another three months beyond that time (project dependent).
We operate 09:00-18:00 working day on average, with an hour for lunch. This is a paid internship at a rate of £81.60 per day.
General tasks include
- Supporting the NLA programme team in collating, updating and organising information on new architectural and development projects in London, for use across NLA exhibitions, publications, awards, magazines, online databases and the New London Model.
- Ad hoc research tasks to assist the programme team in developing events, research papers, and new lines of enquiry.
- Assisting the marketing team in archiving and uploading information to the NLA website.
- Assisting the events team to deliver the events programme – including preparation, front of house support and post-event analysis
- General office support, including filing, post, office recycling, and answering telephones
- Attending NLA events, allowing you to gain knowledge from the city’s leading professionals in architecture, planning and development
- Gaining experience working with a small team in a busy office environment
- Developing knowledge of the key players shaping London’s built environment, and the key developments and architectural projects currently being planned, built, and completed in the capital, through regular research tasks and project updates
- Developing contacts with some of the leading organisations within the built environment
- An interest in architecture, planning and design in London
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop, InDesign) – experience of Mac an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone manner and excellent standard of English
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to undertake other tasks and learn new skills
How to get in touch
The closing date for applications is 8thJune, 17:00.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Danielle Rowland, HR Director at NLA, firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the dates and days you would be available, and we will be in touch to arrange an informal interview during the week commencing 18th June.