Part-time opportunities have arisen within NLA for a team of Event Assistants to support all aspects of the delivery of NLA events. Hours of work will be flexible and distributed on a monthly and weekly basis.
We are looking for individuals to join our team and assist in coordinating the extensive events programme for both NLA and our partner clients. The ideal candidate should be looking to develop a career in Event Management and have strong interpersonal skills. With an outgoing personality you will need to take the initiative, be able to think on your feet and demonstrate good time management skills and attention to detail. An interest in London and its built environment would be a strong advantage.
NLA is London’s leading independent forum for discussion, debate and information about architecture, planning, development and construction in the capital. The core mission of NLA is to bring people together to shape a better city.
Our year-round programme of events, publications, research, awards and exhibitions have earned us an exceptional reputation and attract over 10,000 delegates every year, including politicians, professionals and the public. Our website and award-winning quarterly magazine provide news, reviews, interviews, opinions and research.
NLA is supported by over 400 member organisations, including high-profile developers, architects, government bodies and consultants.
We also curate the events programme for the London Pavilion at MIPIM, held annually in Cannes, France and the London Real Estate Forum, held annually in Berkeley Square.
We are a small, hard-working and sociable team based in central London, with offices immediately above our exhibition galleries at The Building Centre, where our interactive model of central London is open and free to visit six days a week.
Support in all aspects of preparation and delivery of NLA events. This includes but is not restricted to:
- Preparation of all event materials including badges, delegate lists and marketing materials etc
- Front of house event support including registration, checking event set up and client liaison
- Post event administration including but not limited to event archiving, evaluation form administration and client liaison
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent writing and organisation skills
- Clear and effective communication skills including excellent telephone manner
- Clear grasp of the English language
- Ability to take initiative and recognise tasks that need to be carried out
£10 per hour with a minimum 3 hours shift payment.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Danielle Rowland, HR Director.
Download the full job description here.