NLA, supported by the British Institute of Interior Design (BIID), Heal’s and RIBA London is once again running Don't Move, Improve! 2013 - a competition, now in its fourth year, to find the best and most innovative home extensions, small office conversions andinterior design in London.
The competition seeks to find the best ways to create more space to live and work in London, and is open to architectural practices, interior designers and members of the public who have completed extensions or refurbishment projects in London within the last three years.
All shortlisted projects were shown in an exhibition at NLA from 6 December 2013 until 6 February 2014.
Shortlisted projects were judged by an eminent jury, chaired by Peter Murray, Chairman of NLA:
- Carmel Allen, Brand Champion, Heal's
- Rab Bennetts, Founding Director of Bennetts Associates Architects
- Daniel Hopwood, Continuing Professional Development Director, BIID
- Philippa Stockley, journalist, editor and critic specialising in architecture and design
- George Stowell, Practice Principal, George Stowell Architects
- Tamsie Thomson, Director, RIBA London
- Winning practices have been awarded a 12-month membership of NLA (value: £1,295+VAT)
- Winning homeowners were awarded gift vouchers from Heal's
- Shortlisted and winning architects and designers took part in a Don't Move, Improve! public event, offering free advice on home extensions and design on Saturday 25 January 2014