This launch event for The West End Project, held by LB Camden, will hear from key stakeholders involved in the consultation about the plans and discuss the proposed benefits for the area.
The proposals will:
- Create or improve five public spaces, and create a brand new park.
- Replace the one-way system with two-way roads, protected cycle lanes and improved public spaces.
- Create 18,000 square metres of new public realm, with nearly 300 new trees planted in the area.
- Reduce congestion and pollution, widen pavements and improve access to public transport.
- Be delivered by 2018 in time for the opening of Crossrail, when Tottenham Court Road station will have more visitors than Heathrow every day.
- Help to make this a thriving district, enabling businesses to capitalise on the opportunities of increased visitors.
Cllr Harrison, Bloomsbury Ward Councillor, LB Camden
Cllr Jones, Cabinet Member, LB Camden
Sam Monck, Assistant Director, Environment & Transport, LB Camden
Deborah Saunt, Director, DSDHA
Geoff Taylor, Project Director, Almacantar
Peter Murray, Chairman, NLA (Chair)