New London Architecture (NLA), in association with the British institute of Interior Design (BIID), Heal's, and RIBA London is inviting submissions for Don't Move, Improve! 2014 – a competition, now in its fifth year, to find London’s best new home extensions and interior design projects that deliver more space to live.
How To Enter Toggle
Projects can be submitted by completing one entry form per project
- An entry fee of £90+VAT for NLA members / £120+VAT for non-members applies to each project submitted
- Projects must have been completed within the last three years
- Projects must be based within the M25
- Please download further information and submission documents here:
Categories and Judging Toggle
Projects may be entered into one of two categories:
> Home Extension: Single unit homes that have been extended or structurally refurbished to create more space
> Interior Design: Home interior design projects which improve the design and usability of space
A shortlist will selected from all submitted projects, with prizes awarded to first, second and third places within each category where appropriate.
Across the two categories, special prizes may also be awarded for:
> Best Use of Timber
> Best Use of Brick
> Best Use of Glass
> Most Sustainable
> Most Cost Effective
> Best Historic Intervention
Shortlisted and winning projects will be selected by an eminent jury including Peter Murray - chairman of NLA, Luke Tozer - director of Pitman Tozer, Philippa Stockley - journalist, editor and critic specialising in architecture and design, and Carmel Allen - creative director of Heal's, as well as representatives from RIBA London and BIID.
Shortlisted and winning projects will be showcased in a free public exhibition at NLA’s galleries in The Building Centre, WC1 over December 2014 and January 2015
- Shortlisted and winning practices will be invited to take part in the NLA Don't Move, Improve! open day, taking place on Saturday 24 January 2015, offering free design consultations and talks for homeowners looking to extend or improve their home
- Winners will be announced at the Don’t Move Improve! exhibition private view on 10 December 2014, as well as via mailers to the NLA database of 10,000 industry professionals, social media and other media partners
- Winning practices will be awarded a 12-month membership of NLA (value: £1,295+VAT)
- Heal's will award vouchers to the homeowners for first, second and third places in the Home Extension and Home Interior Design categories, and will offer free consutations to the winners of any special prizes.