New London Architecture (NLA) is inviting submissions of London tall buildings that showcase the very best examples of design quality – from residential towers to office buildings to hotels or other mix of uses; buildings of 20 storeys or above, recently completed or at design and construction stage.
The call out forms part of the NLA Annual Tall Buildings Survey 2019, an annual report that analyses the tall buildings pipeline in London, which launches in Spring 2019. The report will be accompanied by a project showcase of the most recent tall buildings in London.
A selection of the submissions will be exhibited in a two-month public exhibition in the NLA Galleries at The Building Centre, WC1 and will form the backdrop to a supporting programme of events, including conferences, talks, debates and building visits. They will also be showcased in a major research publication.
Read the submission guidelines
Deadline: Friday 7 December, 5pm
Coming in 2019...
This project showcase will accompany our annual research, events and exhibition. See more details of the upcoming programme here
SUBMISSION OPTIONS Toggle
You can choose to submit either a Project or a Case Study. There is no charge for submissions, a cost will apply as below on selection.
A brief overview of the submission, with a quarter page section in the publication. A small number of these schemes will also appear in the curated narrative of the exhibition, at the discretion of NLA curators.
Free to NLA Partners, charities and not-for-profit organisations
£195 + VAT NLA Members
£295 + VAT Non-Members
For charities wanting to submit we are happy to offer a free project submission, or the partner rate for a case study submission. This is only applicable if the charity is the submitting company.
Case Study Submissions
A double-page spread in the publication including additional imagery, description and comment pieces. A small number of schemes will also appear in the in the curated narrative of the exhibition, at the discretion of NLA curators.
£1,300 + VAT NLA Partner, charities and not-for-profit organisations
£1,575 + VAT NLA Member
£1,750 + VAT Non-Member
Additional Case Study projects thereafter:
£500 + VAT - NLA Partner
£750 + VAT - NLA Member
£900 + VAT - Non-Member
HOW TO ENTER Toggle
Each submission needs to be sent in both ONLINE and PRINTED copy no later than Friday 7 December 2018, 5pm.
1. Online form
Please complete the online entry form and upload the relevant materials where requested. You can include the file transfer link (i.e. Dropbox, Wetransfer) in the appropriate field of the online form or send the digital submission in a USB or CD with your print submission.
Please note: if you are using wetransfer or a similar file transfer platform please use the email address email@example.com
If you decide to send supporting material on a USB or CD with the printed copy, you must still complete and submit the online entry form for each submission.
2. Print copy
Please print out your completed submission form (sent via email following the submission of your online form), along with all linked files (photography, drawings, permission) as an unbound A4 package to:
NEW LONDON ARCHITECTURE
26 STORE STREET
LONDON WC1E 7BT
If you have any queries, please contact Barbara Chesi - 020 7636 4044 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions should be located in Greater London
- A project needs to be 20 storeys or above, and can be at any stage of design or construction or recently completed
- Any real projects should have reached practical completion within the last 5 years (since November 2013) or be currently in design, planning or construction.
- Submitters must secure appropriate permissions from the client prior to submission
- There is no limit to the number of submissions from any one organisation, however the submitter is encouraged to consult with other team members to avoid duplicate submissions
- Entrants agree that NLA are granted non-exclusive reproduction rights to all successful submissions for NLA’s advertising, promotion, exhibition, print publication and internet purposes directly related to the Tall Buildings programme. Entrants must have permission from the photographer for the reproduction of all imagery for use relating to these purposes
- Payment will only be required for submissions successfully selected for inclusion. Within six weeks of the closing date, NLA will confirm whether your submission has been selected for inclusion in the project showcase. On confirmation that your submission has been selected, NLA will invite you to make the payments by invoice, issued to Pipers Projects Ltd. Payment terms are strictly 14 days from invoice date
- NLA Partners, charities and not-for-profit organisations are entitled to submit projects for free
- All selected projects will feature in the Tall Buildings project showcase, and a small number of these will appear in the curated narrative of the exhibition, allowing for curatorial discretion