The delivery of housing remains the biggest issue facing London’s built environment. With an average increase of almost 4,000 households each year, and a current population of 8.8 million residents, as an industry we must address the challenges this incurs and create opportunities for innovation and new thinking.
NLA provides the capital’s leading independent forum for new ideas on the future of housing design, delivery and construction. Addressing the Mayor’s key priorities, a year-round programme brings together industry experts to explore new methods within the construction industry; how we can deliver at pace and at scale; and the types of housing Londoners want to live in.
- Modern methods of construction and modular manufacturing
- Desirable density and London’s housing EXPO
- Multi-generational renting
- Empowering the home owner and the community (self build and custom build)
In 2018, NLA will be investigating the role of factory methods in delivering the housing London needs. The product of this research will form a publication, exhibition and series of events launching in October.
Past activity Toggle
- Housing update: optimising and increasing density. Half-day conference
- Think tank – The future of factory-made housing, January 2018
- New Ideas for Housing powered by Pecha Kucha, September 2017
- Delivering more homes: Policies and projects for London's rental sector, September 2017
- Housing Innovation: New methods of construction and delivery, March 2017
- Are space standards limiting London's housing supply?, Breakfast Talk, July 2017
- Think tank: The diversification of London’s housing, matching small sites with house builders, July 2017
- Conversazione dinner bringing together those working within the central London residential market, April 2017
Sponsorship Opportunities Toggle
There are opportunities to become either a Champion or Supporter of this programme. To find out more about how you could get involved in the events and output across our platforms please get in touch with the Membership Team via Aurelia Amanitis
Prices start from £4,250 + VAT for 12 month support.